The purpose of the NMDVR is to help people with disabilities achieve a suitable employment outcome.

The New Mexico Division of Vocational Rehabilitation is a division of the state’s Public Education Department.

Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) is a State and Federally funded program designed to help eligible individuals with documented disabilities find suitable employment. VR is a voluntary program, and services persons who want to work. With a long history of success and proven methodology for making the best fits, time and again, NMDVR is committed to helping our clients succeed. In addition, we partner with companies and agencies seeking opportunities to enhance and diversify their workforce.

Are You…
  • Someone with a disability?
  • Having difficulty gaining or maintaining employment?
  • Able and wanting to work?
  • Requiring the assistance of Vocational Professionals to gain or maintain employment?
  • Seeking qualified participants to diversify the workplace?

If you answered “Yes” to any of the questions above, we strongly encourage you call 1-800-224-7005 or visit your local NMDVR Office to obtain additional information.

Benefits of Partnering with NMDVR

Our Vision:

Every New Mexican with a disability is empowered with the resources to contribute to their quality of life and the economic prosperity of the State.

Our Mission:

We are committed to ensuring that every New Mexican with a disability achieves their employment goals and thrives in their communities.

Our Values:

Inclusivity –Diversity –Empowerment –Collaboration –Innovation –Respect

Consider a Career as a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor

Learn more about this rewarding career

Visit careers.share.nm.gov for employment opportunities with The New Mexico Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. *Note: Job postings may be filtered by Agency.

Stevens Amendment Notice

Pursuant to Public Law 101-166:

The services described on this website are funded, in part, with federal funds awarded by the U.S. Department of Education under the Vocational Rehabilitation and Supported Employment Services programs.

The Vocational Rehabilitation program receives 78.7% of its funding through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. For federal fiscal year 2024, the total funds awarded is $24,698,300. The remaining 21.3% is funded by state appropriations and transfers from the Commission for the Blind and Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.